Thursday, September 11, 2008

The one with Jerry Reed

I have no idea on how I missed this, but spotted it on a few blogs this morning, including Ricks one.

The snowman is dead! Jerry Reed is gone! One of my all time heroes as a child! All I wanted to be was a truck driver after watching Smokey and the Bandit. Along with Star Wars, the Smokey and the bandit trilogy have been watched more times than Id care to admit.


A while back I had the immense pleasure of interviewing Jerry and had an absolute blast with the snowman, who couldnt have been nicer! Will see can I dig out the audio and get it on a podcast!


The more I type, the sadder Im getting!

Jerry Reed - A gentleman and a hero, now a legend! Wherever he is now, Im sure he's got the guitar out!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and I? The only ones who care, Vic...

Vic Barry said...

Looks like it Rick, looks like it! :(