Monday, September 04, 2006

I woke up early this morning, but lounged in bed for a while. Around 11 (ish) I strolled into the computer and, upon loading up my personalised google home page I discovered that Steve Irwin was dead. I even thought it might have been a hoax, ala Johnny Knoxville, but soon discovered it wasnt. I cant remember when I started watching the Crocodile Hunter, but I have had satellite tv for years and years, so it is a long time. It was one of the first shows I got hooked on, on Discovery. Reading and watching this earlier on today, has made me very sad! The guy, in pure Cork terms, was an absolute legend. The man has done more for conservation by bringing the subject at hand to the masses, and has really made an impact on peoples views around the world. While some might have questioned the risks he took, you cant escape the fact that he has done so much and touched the hearts of millions around the world. My thoughts go out to his family!

We'll miss ya Stevo, big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: