Thursday, June 16, 2005

Batman Begins

SPOILERS POSSIBLE, CONTINUE WITH CARE

Right, not much time on my hands. Just in the door from seeing Batman Begins. First impressions..........................shit...hot. Great flick. Dare I say Christian Bale comes close to, if not outdoing Michael Keaton in the Bat suit. At times the movie moves a bit slower than you would like it to, but it does a good job of piecing together a back story to the whole Batman character. Again though, I wish it moved a little quicker. Gotham looks amazing and driving home, I was convinced I was in a Batmobile (couldnt be further from the truth), which is one kick ass motor. Katy Holmes, well; she does her part but doesnt stand out at all. Morgan Freeman solid as usual and Michael Caine (whom Im not a big fan of) is exceptional as Alfred. Special kudos goes to Cillian Murphy as The Scarecrow. No doubt he will be in the sequel. He plays the part of a lunatic brilliantly. The movie follows the birth of batman right through to his incarnation of the dark knight as we know him today. I wont give away the ending, but theres a neat touch. Seriously Im not being a JOKER or anything...Shit sorry!

There are some great set pieces and fight scenes. Overall this is probably the best comic book adap. since Hellboy or Xmen, its solid, extremely solid but I felt it never really hit the high notes. Looking at the last Batman movie, you'd never think this was from the same studio. Big up to Mr.Nolan

8.5/10

I know this is extremely brief, but Im running out the door to do the show!

No comments: